MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
Ashley Regional Medical Center has a short-bore, state-of-the-art, MRI, with a 1.5 Tesla magnet. The MRI is equipped with the latest in software to provide faster and more detailed images. The MRI can also do the latest in scans, including Breast MRI, now recommended for women with certain cancer risk factors. As the name suggests, MRI (Magnetic) is actually a giant magnetic and as a precaution all patients should follow the following quidelines:
Instructions for patient's receiving MRI
- You are urged to use the ear plugs or headphones that we supply for use during your MRI examination since some patients may find the noise levels unacceptable and the noise levels may affect your hearing.
- Remove all jewelry (e.g., necklaces, pins, rings).
- Remove all hair pins, bobby pins, barrettes, clips, etc.
- Remove all dentures, false teeth, partial dental plates.
- Remove hearing aids.
- Remove eyeglasses.
- Remove your watch, pager, cell phone, credit and bank cards, and all other cards with a magnetic strip.
- Remove body piercing objects.
- Use gown, if provided, or remove all clothing with metal fasteners, zippers.
Reprinted with permission from the American Journal of Roentgenology.
- Find a Doctor
- Ashley Regional Women's Center
- Chemotherapy/Infusion Therapy
- Ears, Nose & Throat
- Intensive Care Unit
- Orthopedics and General Surgery
- Physical Therapy/Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sleep Studies
- Occupational Health
- Outpatient Imaging Services
- Headache Clinic
- Cardiac Rehab