Ashley Regional and Tri-County Health Department Partner to Hold First Annual Community Baby Fair
October 30, 2018
Ashley Regional Medical Center and Tri-County Health Department Partner to Hold First Annual Community Baby Fair
October 30, 2018 – Ashley Regional Medical Center and Tri-County Health will host a free Community Baby Fair at Ashley Regional’s new state-of-the-art Women’s Center on November 15 from 6-8 pm.
The event will bring together community resources for moms and moms-to-be, giving community members the opportunity to connect with regional physicians, nurses, dieticians, Tri-County Health specialists, lactation consultants, prenatal educators, preschool and family center representatives.
Featured booths will include:
• “Ask a doctor” with regional obstetricians, anesthesiologists, neonatologists
• “Ask a nurse” with local labor and delivery and pediatric nurses
• “Ask a dietician” with specialists who can discuss prenatal, child and family nutrition
• Tri-County Health specialists with information on programs including WIC and Breathe
• Car seat safety checks
• Preschool and family support center representatives
• Prenatal educators
• Breastfeeding support information and lactation consultants
• Local support groups that meet a variety of family needs
Additionally, there will be car seat safety checks, a dads’ den/kids’ corner, refreshments and giveaways. The first 50 families to enter the door will receive a special gift bag. This event is free and open to the public.
For more information, contact Megan Smith, Director Women and Newborn Services at Ashley Regional Medical Center at (435) 781-6832.